Alright pupils here is a good review of what was discussed on day one (in addition to my pontificating about syllubi and what nots.) These might be essential to you in the near future: (MESSAGE!!!!)
WEEK 1 REVIEW NOTES:
- Three areas that affect our believe are Logos, Pathos, and Ethos
- There is a degree of persuasion in scripture, our belief is developed in these areas
- The Gospel is unique in that many of the aspects of it are verifiable in history.
- The gospel lends itself to scrutiny. It can be analyzed
- Uniqueness of the Gospel in History
- Jesus was born during the Reign of Emperor Augustus.
- Grew up to be a famous teacher/healer in Galilee
- Called a small group of disciples
- Scandalized religious leaders by associating with sinners
- Arrested tried and cruficied by the Roman prefect Pontious Pilate
- Declared by His Disciples to be the risen Messiah from the Dead
- Extra-biblical Writings of Jesus has come from: Josephus, Tacitus, Suetonius, Julius Africanus, Plinny the Young, Lucian, Galen, Celsus, Mara Bar Sarapion, Talmudic References